Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July









We spent the day as a family at Jordanelle. We took Tyson with us and he did surprisingly well in his life jacket all day. He slept a lot. The morning was beautiful. I got out for my second time this year. I can't believe how out of shape I am. At least I can still ride. Greg got the kids out as well. Preston was having a great time and didn't even cry when he got splashed. Then Greg's ski hit something- a stick or something and they did a face plant. Greg was so worried about Preston and he did have a sheer look of terror on his face when he came up, but he didn't freak out. Greg was so proud of him.

We took our child sky ski to try to get Preston to at least sit on it in the water. It was a battle, but he finally did. Then Bob pulled him to the boat so he could feel some pressure. He kind of freaked out. We convinced him to try a couple more times, then he was done. We played up how well he did hoping that next time he'll get right out to do it.

It was a fun day, except for my stupidity. The weather was overcast all morning. When the sun finally came out, I didn't put sunscreen on and my knees are bright red. I'm in a lot of pain.

The crazy moment of the day came when the storm rolled through. It started raining and the clouds were moving fast so we weren't too worried about it. Then the rain started bouncing. I looked closer and we were getting hailed on! That was a first. It only lasted about 10 minutes and the sky cleared up again. What a day. We spent the evening hanging out with neighbors and watching their fire works.



The video had music, but Youtube is muting all soundtracks since I don't own the copyright. So lame.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Wow! That's totally amazing- especially the hail. I told Logan that he already knows how to flip so he'd probably be really good at sky skiing then he could be the coolest kid ever.

However, after watching the video he responded that "Preston is already the coolest kid ever". Guess that title is taken!