Monday, July 12, 2010

A 2-wheeler bike!




Paige can ride a 2-wheeler bike! We were out running errands on Saturday and on the way home she asked “Mommy, when we get home can we take my training wheels off and ride my bike?” I was a little surprised by her request, but told her we would. The last time we tried, she got upset real fast and begged to have the training wheels put back on. So, while Daddy went to the store, we set out to practice riding a bike. She got on it and started peddling. I ran beside her with my hand on her back. I let go a couple times and she swerved a little. The second attempt, I was able to completely let go and by number three she had it down. She was so proud of herself. Especially, because this meant she earned a new basket and a bell for her bike. The next day, I asked if she wanted to ride and she cheered so loud. I love it. I love seeing that excitement on her face and pride in her accomplishment. She learned to start on her own and is turning around in the street. I am so proud of my cute little girl.

2 comments:

Megan said...

There she goes again. Doing something WAY earlier than other kids her age. First walking, and now this!! That smart little thing! I hope they can both bring their bikes up to Oregon in Cindy's truck--I'm sure they'd love that! I'm so proud of little Paigie!

Cynthia said...

I'm so proud of her! I'm proud of my Anna too because she just BARELY decided she was ready 2 weeks ago. Thank goodness I didn't have to pull the 'Paige can ride a 2-wheeler' card to get Anna going! LOL!

I love the pictures. She is such a mini-Nicki!