Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween





Halloween isn't complete without seeing the witches at Gardner Village. I met up with Kari and Perry in the afternoon. The weather was actually pretty nice.




The kids had so much fun pointing out witches and running around. Preston kept getting ahead of us in search of the next one. Here I got Paige copping a feel on the same witch she tried to kiss the year before!



Kari hanging out with the chocolate loving witch.




We promised the kids a treat in the end and headed for the bakery. Their prices were ridiculous and the line was long so we left. Preston was traumatized and I needed to stick to my promise so we headed over to Dunford bakery on my way home. All I could think is why am I buying donuts on the biggest candy day of the year?



Preston was so eager to get out trick-or-treating in the evening. He did NOT want to eat food,especially food that is long. Apparently some food is short to him in terms of how long it takes to eat it. I should have given him a nap earlier. We finally got everyone fed and ready to head out. The kids lasted a lot longer this year than last year. I think we did half the street last year and Preston said his bucket was heavy and wanted to go home. This year, I couldn't get him to stay with us. He just kept running ahead. We went around our entire huge block. I couldn't believe how much of it Paige was able to run. She had on her light up princess shoes so she was this little white angel bopping down the side walk with red lights going crazy. She definitely got the whole trick-or-treating thing this year. It rained on us the whole time, but it was just a light sprinkle. The kids didn't wear jackets and didn't even complain about the rain. Candy was the number one focus. It was a great evening and good to spend time with Kari and Perry.

No comments: