Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dang Facebook

I feel like such a slacker. Where have I been? Lurking in the lives of my friends on Facebook. Thanks Jen for pushing me to get on. That thing is so addicting at first. I've enjoyed getting in touch with some old friends though.



I hooked up with a bunch of girls from my college sorority, Theta. We all went out for dinner the week after Christmas. It is amazing how different our lives have all been just 10 years out of sorority. Three of us were pregnant. A couple already had four kids. It was so fun catching up on their lives. I was so close to these girls during a time when I really needed a support group. My best memories are not of highschool, but of my days with my sorority girls in college.



Chelsea was one of my best friends in sorority. It turns out she lives about five minutes from me. I am so excited to be in touch with her again. I remember the late nights going country dancing together at The Bay. There were always a bunch of the sorority and fraternity people from the U. We had so many great times.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad you got to do that. I know exactly how addicting Facebook is. A few months ago I would never have dreamed of going to my 20th highschool reunion in 2010. Now, thanks to Facebook, I'm looking forward to it. Weird!

Glad you got to catch up with your old friends. Have a fun weekend!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

I so wish I would've made it to this. I was too sick that night. Facebook is totally addicting. I look at mine all the time. AND my blog is definitely suffering because of it. Well that and I'm lazy... Please let me know if you get together again.

Merrilyn said...

Ooooooh. I am so glad you are on facebook! I will have to be adding you as a friend now. :) It is totally addictive though..Jake thinks its a little evil but I LOVE IT!