Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary!



Greg and I celebrated our ninth anniversary on Saturday. At the time we got married, it was great to get out of school for Christmas break and be married three days later. What were we thinking? It is tough trying to celebrate so close to Christmas. On the other hand, it is a beautiful time of year that is already full of nostalgia. All I wanted was a nice dinner date. We went to the Garden restaurant.

After dinner I wanted to experiment taking night shots with my camera. I've never had a chance to do this. Now that I have a nice tripod and a little knowledge, I thought I'd give it a try. It was so fun. We walked all over temple square taking pictures and remembering the day we were married. Luckily our wedding day wasn't as cold! Not that it was exactly warm.





4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh Nicki! Those photos are awesome! I can't decide which I like best.

How was The Garden? Greg and I ate there on the night we 'officially' got engaged then went on a carriage ride but we haven't eaten there since. I'm glad you got to spend your anniversary just as you wanted.

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

I am so glad that I found your blog. You have a beautiful family. I had to laugh, because we just celebrated our 10th anniversary on the 19th. It is a crazy time of year. Your pictures are great!

Megan said...

OH, CAMERA ENVY! To have a camera that is capable of taking a night shot like that! Of course the "little knowlege" you mention would also be a big plus! Beautiful!

Hunt Family said...

I love those pictures!! I would love to have one in my house hung on the wall!!!!