Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Baby Room

The baby room is finally done! We have lived here over a year and this is the first thing we have actually changed about this house.

I liked the brown walls for Paige because it looked cute with her pink bedding. Now that I have a baby coming, I want something brighter. I know I will be spending A LOT of time in this room.




We had some big helpers. Preston barely painted the corner and he was done.



When we took the tape off the wall, we thought the brown stripe was actually kind of cute. I wanted the chair rail anyway.



This is the bedding we used for Preston. As tempted as I was to buy something new, I couldn't see the point in spending money that I didn't have to. Preston's room was painted blue and green, so we made sure to do something different.


I love the final look. We are still waiting on the blinds that have the blackout feature and will also block the heat that comes through that window.



This was my big project. I needed to cover the french doors. I found some cream color blackout panels at the store and used them as a template. I cut the blue fabric and sewed it to the purchased panels. It ended up being a lot easier than I expected. The cream color shows toward the living room and the blue in the baby room. It blocks a ton of light compared to the flimsy fabric that was hanging there before. Hopefully, it will help the baby sleep better.

I need to make a valence now for the window, then it will be totally done. It has been a fun project. Only 5 1/2 weeks to go!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Looks so cute! I really liked that brown stripe--too bad you couldn't leave it. But the chair rail looks nice. Wahoo! Look at us! All ready for our babies!

Cynthia said...

That looks so cute! The curtains turned out so good.

I can't WAIT to hold that little guy. I really miss the feel of a baby snuggled up on my shoulder.

Kelly Stoddart said...

I can't believe you only have 5 1/2 weeks. LUCKY!! Cute room. Our baby will be sharing room with Will since I feel like he is still to young to be downstairs by himself.

Jamie said...

wow, the room looks really cute. i love it. don't you hate painting?? or are you one of those people who like it. it is always fun to finish the job, but is such a pain. tyson has the cutest room. can't wait to meet him. hope to see you soon, right?!