Friday, October 8, 2010

Yesterday, Paige was playing with her friend Sophia. I let them get out the Halloween stuff. She saw the pumpkin pictures and asked if she could have them. Then she came up asking for tape. Then she came up asking for scissors for the tape. I didn't worry about the scissors because she uses them often. A bit later, Sophia came upstairs with her hand over the side of her hair. Paige came behind holding her hair and confessed "Mommy, sorry we cut our hair." While I was concerned about Paige, I was MUCH more worried about the neighbor girl. Her hair was much longer and she hacked a good 4 inches behind her ear along with her bangs. Paige cut part of her bangs completely off. Then took a chunk out on both sides of her hair. When I asked her why she did it, she explained.

"My hair was in my face. So I cut it." Not sure why it progressed to more. It must have gotten fun at that point. Still, it's hard not to laugh knowing she was trying to solve a problem. She just didn't choose the best solution. Luckily, Sophia's mom was cool about it and came over to show us Sophia's new hair.








4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Laughing. my. head. off. AWESOME! I feel so ripped off that none of my kids ever did this! She did it up right too. I wonder if you two will end up with matching hair because you're going to have to cut that REALLY short. LOL!

Glad the neighbor kid's Mom wasn't mad.

Kelly Stoddart said...

one time Kyanna chopped off all of her bangs right to her scalp. there was nothing to do but just leave it. I felt bad for her. Her new haircut is very cute!

Shannon said...

That is soooo not that bad. My 5 year olds was soooo much shorter than that. She looks way cute!!!!

Megan said...

Ok, who worked the miracle there? Man, who fixed that? 'Cause they did an awesome job! Maybe paige was actually on to something--she knew she'd look adorable with short hair! Just like her mom!