Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Fun Book


So I bought this cheap little book at borders for preschool age activities. Preston just loves it. He calls it his fun book. Can we do something in my fun book today? It has some really cool activities. One way to keep kids entertained is a cup of water and some cheap paint brushes. They can paint the house, the sidewalk, the garage... They had fun with it.


We made fruit rollups the other day. This is so easy! All it took was plain old unsweetened apple sauce. To make it fun, we added food coloring. Then I got all fancy and made designs on my trays.


They took about 6 hours to dry. I cut each tray into fourths and roll them up in saran wrap. It ends up being about 16 rollups for one jar of applesauce. What a bargain.


Preston was proud of his creation. Ok, all he did was choose the color. But, he thought he helped.

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is so cute! You failed to mention, though, that all it took was applesauce--AND A FRUIT DEHYDRATOR. Yeah, don't have one of those! Wish I did though--Trevor would SO hork those down. Seriously. He loves applesauce. he loves fruit roll-ups. can't go wrong!