Friday, June 27, 2008

Photography practice

One day, I started looking at the new Nikon camera, the D300. I shouldn't have. I have owned my D70 for four years now and have absolutely loved it. I didn't think I needed anything better until I looked. Shouldn't have looked. Shouldn't have looked. My brain started obsessing over how I could get it. Sell my first born, sell some stock, sell my camera. Well, I did two out of those three and now own the amazing D300. This camera is leagues above my other one. Technology has come so far. I need to spend a lot of quality time with it and learn all the ins and outs.

This morning I did just that. I took Preston and Paige out to some wheat fields just West of us for a photo shoot. Preston wasn't fond of the sticky, poky things, so it didn't last long. Still, I got some pretty cute shots.




After the field, we headed over to the Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District. Great place for photos and best of all-it's free! We walked all around. The kids liked the stepping stones. I got Paige to sit in front of this rose bush for this picture. I am loving the new camera. I had a few glitches that I have to figure out. I look forward to spending lots of quality time with it! Preston was ready to go to receive the promised bribe- lunch at McDonald's complete with a Kungfu Panda happy meal toy.







She looks like an angel here.

6 comments:

Heart Mommy said...

Oh I love it!!!!! I got my camera out today for a few minutes and I just loved holding it again... I need to get together soon.... You still amaze me with your talent!!!

Redhoodoos said...

WOWZA!! That's an awesome camera. Your kids are adorable, by the way.

val said...

Wow. Wow. Great work. How fun. I can't wait to just hold your precious camera. I'll have to try those wheat fields-awesome!
Do you still want to do the photoshop class? I think a friend and I are going to sign up for the July 9 class. Let me know.

Megan said...

I'm so jealous! Those pictures are just gorgeous. I think once I have kids I'm gonna have to invest in a nicer camera--though I don't think I'm skilled enough for this one you just got!

Fe2O3 said...

"Sell my first born, sell some stock, sell my camera. Well, I did two out of those three and now own the amazing D300."

We'll miss Preston... :)

Great pics!

Jonathan said...

sweet picture especially the collage.