Friday, September 18, 2009

The Utah State Fair

Yesterday I opened the paper while eating breakfast and saw a picture of the fair. I realized we didn't have anything major going on and decided to go that afternoon. We met Greg downtown and headed off to the fair. The kids were SO excited even though they didn't really know what it was.





Tyson is so funny in his stroller. He has to sit right against the tray so he can look all around.


I took the kids on the big yellow slide. Preston started to go and got freaked out. Luckily they were able to stop us and overlap his burlap bag with mine. He was all smiles once we got going. At the bottom he exclaimed "That was AWESOME!"




My favorite part was watching the kids go through these various stages of a farm. They fed a cow, harvested a garden, sheered wool, sold their goods and got to buy a treat at the end with their money.

They loved to ride their rides. Paige figured out right away how to get her airplane up in the sky. She couldn't get it back down and was crying by the end of the ride.



No explanation needed...

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Fun! We thought about going today but just couldn't get away. I love all the pictures of the kids doing 'farm stuff'. Tyson's stroller habit cracks me up!

TiffanyW. said...

Soo Cute! We wanted to go to the fair this year, but didn't make it! I love the slide. That is awesome.

Merrilyn said...

Those pics are so much fun. I wanted to say that I cannot believe how big Tyson is getting. He just looked like such a big boy riding in stroller. So cute!