Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bear Lake

We spent the weekend at Bear Lake with our friends, the Summers. Back in June, I called our vacation club to cash out some credits for gift certificates and got talked into actually using my points and booking something nearby. I am so glad that I did. This trip was much needed and so beautiful. First, I was amazed at the color of the water, especially when we were right out on it in the boat. Second, the leaves were already changing so the mountains were so bright.

Preston had fun fishing on the dock. He fished out on the boat with his new Transformers fishing pole and got bored quickly. On the dock, he could actually SEE the fish. He keeps telling us that he gave it an owy because he watched Greg pull the hook out.

Preston's tag line for the weekend was- "Hey Daddy! Do you wanna get squished?" He loved the murphy bed in the wall that folded up. Greg squished him several times.

We found an awesome beach on Saturday. I couldn't believe how the kids just ran out and played in the water when it was so cold. Water temp was 60 degrees, but the air was about 70 so it was warm enough to enjoy the heat. Paige splashed around while Preston chased seagulls.

Both of the kids love the beach because it is a giant sand pile. They dug around in this hole for awhile.

Paige loved splashing in the water with Daddy. He walked out a ways and got her to follow him all the way up to her chest.

Preston collected sea shells. He was very protective of his prize and made sure he knew where they were at all times.

Greg had an awesome run both days. I couldn't get enough of how blue the water was. It was literally like looking down into a swimming pool. Riding in it was even better.




Check me out. The foil might not look THAT high off the water, especially compared to Greg. But look at how high my head is and you'll know why I can't get the grin off my face when I ride. I love this sport! Too bad this was probably my last ride of the season. Greg will get out a few more times with the guys. We wore the dry suit so the water was very comfortable and not at all cold. I am so bummed that the season is almost over. We have played so much this summer. It's been great having so much time as a family.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love, love LOVE that picture of Greg and Preston! Man, no doubt who THAT kid's father is. SUCH a great shot! Man it looks like you guys had fun!

Cynthia said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. We love staying at Bear Lake.