Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baby Crockett is a...

I love the ultrasound. I love being with a new doctor who does a free gender check at 16 weeks plus the regular one at 20 weeks. Today is 16 weeks and I had my appointment scheduled bright and early. The baby is around 5 inches long. It was moving and wiggling all over. I love watching the little hands move and seeing the kicks. It's so surreal seeing all that movement when you can't really feel any of it yet. I think I've felt it a couple of times, but it is so faint that I'm not sure.
The best part about this ultrasound was that we didn't have to wait through a bunch of measurements to find out what we were having. She knew exactly why we were there. We took a few profile shots then moved to the legs. She got "THE SHOT" and Greg says "It's a boy!" She laughed and said "you can't really miss that can you?"

We are so excited. We not so secretly really wanted a boy this time. Greg and I both have all sisters so we were hoping Preston and Paige could get a brother. Poor Paige though, she gets the shaft being the only girl. Somehow I don't think the tomboy in her will mind. So now I can clean out Paige's room and switch out the bedding.

The other thing I was so excited for was telling the kids. Greg had to go right to work so I had to wait until he got home! We sat them down for a family meeting. I said "Preston, do you remember when you thought there was a baby in mommy's belly? What if you were right?" He got a big grin on his face. Paige was oblivious. Then he asked if we knew what it was. We asked Paige what she wanted and she said a Gool baby. Preston wanted a boy. When we told him, he said "that's going to be so cool!" It is so nice to finally share this with the kids.

4 comments:

Megan said...

WOW! So, yeah. There's no way Afton is a boy and they were wrong. There just WASN'T ONE OF THOSE. I'm so excited!

Jamie said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Cynthia said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet our new little guy. Logan was estatic that they was FINALLY going to be another boy in the family.

Merrilyn said...

Congratulations