Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Sad Truth


We woke up this morning to realize that sad truth that Summer is over. All those days of warmth and green seemed like they wouldn't end and here we are. I just don't like the cold. We had such a long winter last year that I'm simply not ready for it yet. I hope it warms up enough to get a few more days in at the playground with the kids. Greg still hopes to get out skiing more. If not, he will have ended the season skiing 31 times and only taking our own boat out for 9 of them. That's a whole month of the year! Now, we realize that we let a lot of things go around the house this summer in the name of playing. It was a unique year. Next year, we'll have to be better.

We did spend Saturday cleaning out the garage, then organizing the basement. Those were two huge projects that we were happy to get done.

3 comments:

Hunt Family said...

God Bless Texas!!!!!!!!! I don't miss that at all....

Cynthia said...

I felt as sad as you did about the snow. I was really wishing this morning that I had acted on that impulse last night to run out to the garden with the kids and a flashlight and harvest as many of the tomatoes as I could. Sigh.

Good to see a little glimpse of your wall on your blog since it's always so hard to get over to your actual house!

And the weather BETTER improve- we're heading to Lake Powell in 3 days! Summer isn't over for us until next week no matter what the weather does!

Tara said...

NOT FAIR!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!!!! I'll trade you! I'm still sitting in 90 degrees of yukky humidity!!