Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I believe in the Mimi Fairy

Could it really be that easy? The mimi fairy came on Monday night and the pacifiers are gone. We may have overdone it a little on the presents left by the fairy, but I wanted to make a BIG deal about it. We have been talking about it for a few weeks. Monday night, we put them all in a basket. Paige couldn't resist when she saw so many together and grabbed one. She wouldn't let go. I kept telling her the fairy couldn't come unless ALL the mimi's were in the basket. Finally, reluctantly, she put it in the basket and we went off to bed. Luckily, she was dead tired and fell asleep quickly. I expected to be up with her in the night in a panic, but it never happened.

She loved the gifts from the fairy, but didn't quite put it together. Later she asked where her mimi's were and I explained that the fairy took them. Nap time- no questions. That night she got right into bed and didn't even mention them. Now she plays with her ball that she says the fairy mimi gave her. Seriously, I thought this would be such a war. Here we have been fighting to enforce the "only in your bed" rule and taking them away has been so much easier.

WOO HOO!!!

3 comments:

Kelly Stoddart said...

yeah!! for Paige I am glad it was so easy. With Will it was so easy he just threw it in the garbage himself, I don't know what I am going to do about Kyanna though she is much more attached! I think I might tackle potty training first.

Cynthia said...

Woo Hoo! So glad that's one less thing to worry about. I'm glad the Mimi Fairy thing worked.

Sadly, Anna still sucks her thumb when she's upset or at night. I seriously hope it's not messing up her teeth. Sigh. There's no thumb fairy!

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Let's hear it for the mimi fairy. Love it when things work out so easily. Two can be tough with the transition to a bed, losing the pacifier, potty training... anything that goes easily and smoothly- blessing.