Thursday, March 12, 2009

Coming soon...



So I am 37 weeks today and scheduled for my cesarean on March 22. I have a few more ten hour shifts left at work, then I will take two months off with the baby. My sister Meg was due yesterday and baby Afton still hasn't made an appearance. Her doctor won't even induce until she is a week over. She is so frustrated because she just doesn't know WHEN. She also doesn't know what this next phase of life will bring.

Me, this is my third child and third cesarean. I know what is coming. I am both excited and scared. It will be such an adjustment. Preston and Paige will be such big helpers. I worry about how they will do while I am in the hospital for four days and when I get home and can't play with them for awhile. They will be excited about the baby, but I think Paige will struggle a little. I hope the recovery goes better this time around. I am excited to meet my new little one. The baby room is ready, the swing and bouncer are all cleaned up. I just have to wash some clothes and get them in the closet. Wow. I can't believe it is so close. I don't feel ready, yet I also feel like I know what I'm doing. I'm going to have three kids?

The doctor said to get some rest and take it easy this next week and a half. I'll try.

4 comments:

Megan said...

My house is ready too! It's kinda making me crazy though, seeing the crip, the bouncer, the bassinet, the swing--all set up and ready to go, with no baby to put in it! I just laugh every time I think about yesterday when Paige was on the phone with me and said "When are you gonna have yo' baby?" SO CUTE. When other people say it to me, I want to punch them. But Paige is a special case...

Kelly Stoddart said...

uhm..I love it when Dr.'s say just take it easy. Hello! So are you going to come over to my house and clean it, take care of the kids, and make dinner? Oh well you know they have to. I am excited for you. I am getting a little nervous too. Three kids aaahhh!

Cynthia said...

I can't wait for these new babies for me to snuggle with. If I hold Tyson and Afton at the same time, I can channel my twin baby days!

I also hope recovery goes more easily for you this time. It would be a great way to finish the whole 'pregnancy' phase of your life.

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

Every baby is a new adventure! I hope this is a good one. We'll have to get together once you're ready to get out again.