Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cousin Party

I am in my hospital bed holding my sweet boy and enjoying the quiet. He has been so sweet. My milk came in yesterday so I made sure to nurse him for every feeding last night. The two previous nights, I let them feed him at the nursery and I slept. He struggled a little last night, but it wasn't too bad. I dreaded the night time feeding and lack of sleep so much, yet when they bring him in, I perk right up because my baby needs me and it makes me happy to feed him. I'm still not looking forward to the few hours of broken sleep, but there is something special about holding him in the quiet of night and being the only one he wants.



Last night we had a spontaneous cousin party. I thought I was going to go to bed, then my sister Jen called to bring something over. While she was here, Cindy called and decided to come too. Both brought him some adorable outfits. They fussed over him and put Cindy's monkey jammies on him. It was kind of funny watching the aunts dote over their newest nephew.



Jen called Meg to tell her we were all hanging out and she says she wants to come too. She JUST got home from the hospital herself. I was surprised she wanted to go anywhere. Trevor brought her over and hung out with the four sisters. We wished we could get Aundi down here.



I love this picture. Afton was babbling in Tyson's ear and he just slept peacefully. He didn't wake up the whole time they were here. Maybe I shouldn't be so worried about him and noise as he has been hearing is brother and sister for several months already.



The cousin twins got to meet each other for the first time. Afton is adorable. She has such distinct features. Meg and Trevor are cute with her. We had a great time just visiting and talking babies.


Cindy got to relive the feeling of being a twin mom as she held both of them. Much easier when they aren't actually preemies and you can give them back to mom. Meg and I will have a lot of fun going through all this together.

3 comments:

Fe2O3 said...

Cute babies. You and Meg do good work. Before you know it they'll be eighteen and wanting to take on the world. Enjoy every moment, even the late nights.

Cynthia said...

The cousin party was so fun! I loved holding both of them. I can't wait to spend more time with the little dude!

Jamie said...

they are both so cute. i am glad things are going well. it looks like you had a good time together with the twinners.