Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hanging at the beach in Herriman?



We went to the beach with Grandma a couple of days ago. But we were nowhere near the ocean. This lake was created in Herriman just up the street from my in-laws home. We took the kids early in the morning before it got super hot. The sand is a little rough, but the kids didn't seem to mind. Preston loves playing in the sand so he is content to dig and dig. Paige had her life jacket and a floating star so she wandered out in the water. She got a little far and Preston had to save her.



Tyson chills in the shade.



Preston dug his feet in the sand and said "look mom, I'm making smoke!" He didn't know you can make "smoke" in the water.








Tyson cried a little the first time I dipped his feet. Then as it got hotter, I think he liked it to cool off. I stood him in the sand and he was perfectly happy. When I picked him up, there was sand all stuck in his little toes. I dipped his head in and he didn't cry. It was fun and so close. We will definitely have to go back. Who wants to come?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Look how good he stands up! Afton totally couldn't do that yet! What a cute baby he is! That looks SO fun!

Cynthia said...

That does look like a great time! The Bee kids would totally love to come and hang with the cousins there. We have life vests, will travel!

Great pictures, as always.