Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Off to Kindergarten



I can't believe my oldest just went off to kindergarten. We met his teacher on Friday for his assessment. He is so ready for school and eager to go. Last night he couldn't pick a book to read because he was SO excited for school. This morning he kept asking if it was time yet.



Paige and I walked him over to the bus stop across the street. He wasn't nervous at all. When the bus came, he got that cute grin that he does when he is excited about something. He got in line and walked onto the bus without a glance back. No crying, no whining, no good bye- just off to the next adventure. I am so proud of him. He is such a sweet boy. Can't wait to hear how his day goes.


2 comments:

TiffanyW. said...

He is soo cute, and grown up. I can't believe he's in Kindergarten. What track is he on? Did you do o.k. with him leaving? I remember when Kensie went, I cried, I know, I'm a baby. I'll probably cry when my others go too. :)

Cynthia said...

He's growing up! I'm so glad he's excited about school. I know how much you've prepared him so I'm certain he'll do great.

I'm the opposite of Tiffany though, when my kids went off to school I was the Mom yelling "Woo Hoo" and pumping her fists in the air in victory in the parking lot.

I MIGHT have sniffed about it a little but until the initial high of newfound freedom wore off.