Friday, August 1, 2008

Paige's baby book is finally done!



Finally, just nine months AFTER the 18 month old point. I had so much fun putting Paige's book together. I wanted to keep it simple because I just don't have the time to design every page as I have in other books. Plus, I wanted the focus to be on her story and pictures, not on the scrapbooking itself. I designed this simple background and used it for every page. I can't wait to see the final book. Just a couple weeks until I have it in my hands.

To those who say you don't take as many pictures of your second child, I disagree. It was so nice having a child that couldn't move those first few months that I took a ton. Her book ended up being 103 pages long. It only took me one month to create the actual book in photoshop because I already had her pictures organized by months. I also kept a typed journal that I wrote in monthly as she grew. So glad I did that or I wouldn't have remembered near the detail that is in the book.



One of the spreads from Paigey's book.

2 comments:

Megan said...

This is so cute! I can't wait to see it all completed!!

Merrilyn said...

Cute cute! I think I am being converted to your way of scrapbooking. I love the simplicity if the bound books. You will have to tell me what company you use. Do you design all your books or use pre-designed pages too??? I love keeping up with your family- Merri

PS..next time we come to Utah you may have to show us all the cook skiing you do! :)