Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Preston!



Preston had a very special day on Saturday. He has been asking about his birthday for about 6 months and it finally arrived! He was a five boy!(as he puts it) In the morning, we let him open a couple of presents. He was so excited about these new movies from Grandma Crockett. He had a primary activity in the morning then his birthday party at one.



This was Preston's first birthday party with friends. The spiderman theme was his idea. He loves all things superhero right now.



The kids bounced around for awhile, then we played some games.



When it was time for cake, Preston knew exactly what to do. I pulled out some candles I had in the pantry and put five on the cake. Preston blew and blew. Finally they were all out, but then one lit back up. He blew it out and it lit up again. He was giggling so hard he could hardly pucker enough to blow. I didn't know I even had any trick candles so it was a great little suprise.



Grandma and Grandpa Nielson and Great Grandma and Grandpa Crockett came for cake and ice cream. Preston opened his other presents from them and us. I watched him open a present, remark on how cool it was, then grab for the next one almost immediately. I was reminded of his second Christmas. The year that he understood how to open a present. He opened one and got so excited that he wouldn't even touch the others. Wow, how things change in a few years!



To tire him out completely, we went to the zoo in the afternoon. A lot of the animals were sleeping. When Paige saw the black bear, she called out to it- "Puppy!" She reminded me of Boo from Monsters Inc. Even though Boo calls Sully "kitty". Preston's favorite animal was the Giraffe. I liked the white alligator. After the kids were hot and tired, we headed home. Preston just wanted to play with his toys. What were we thinking for taking him away from them? He played a little while and zonked right out in bed. He kept saying "I can't believe I'm five years old! I can't believe it!"

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I'm glad he had a good birthday. He really is the sweetest little guy. I didn't know he was all into Spiderman though- good to remember for that NEXT holiday (in case we draw his name!)

Megan said...

I think it's cute that turning 5 is so huge for him. What a cute kid!

Heart Mommy said...

Yay!!!! Preston... Hope your birf-day was awesome...